- 1 How do I get a SilverSneakers membership card?
- 2 What qualifies you for Silver Sneakers?
- 3 How do I get silver sneakers through Medicare?
- 4 Can I pay for SilverSneakers on my own?
- 5 How much does it cost to join Silver Sneakers?
- 6 How do I get a SilverSneakers number?
- 7 What is annual fee for Silver & Fit?
- 8 Does AARP offer Silver Sneakers?
- 9 What insurance plans cover Silver Sneakers?
- 10 Is Silver Sneakers free with Medicare?
- 11 Does Medicare pay for Planet Fitness?
- 12 Are Silver Sneakers online classes?
- 13 How do I start a SilverSneakers program?
- 14 What health insurance pays for gym membership?
How do I get a SilverSneakers membership card?
Call L.A. Care Member Services at 1-888-522-1298 to request a new card. You can also print a copy of your card at home by registering at the SilverSneakers website.
What qualifies you for Silver Sneakers?
In order to be eligible for the SilverSneakers Fitness program, you must be:
- 65 or older, or eligible for Medicare because of a disability.
- Living in the U.S.
- Enrolled in a private Medicare plan that offers the SilverSneakers benefit.
How do I get silver sneakers through Medicare?
The only way you can receive a Silver Sneakers membership is if you apply and enroll in either a Medicare Advantage plan or a Medicare Supplement plan that offers a Silver Sneakers membership along with the plan. Medicare Advantage plans are private Medicare plans that pay instead of your Original Medicare.
Can I pay for SilverSneakers on my own?
The SilverSneakers program offers an affordable way for senior citizens to stay active during their golden years. In fact, you can get a free gym membership through SilverSneakers if you qualify.
How much does it cost to join Silver Sneakers?
Mission Almost Accomplished. For over two decades we’ve been on a mission: to make fitness more fun and accessible to boomers and beyond. We’ve built a massive network of gyms that offer SilverSneakers membership at no cost to you.
How do I get a SilverSneakers number?
Get ID number. Most eligible health plan members get a welcome letter with their 16-digit ID number. Members can also find their ID number at SilverSneakers.com/Card or through the SilverSneakers GO mobile app.
What is annual fee for Silver & Fit?
What is the Annual Fee for Silver&Fit? The annual fee for a Silver&Fit membership is $50 to enroll in a Fitness Facility membership. The cost to enroll in the Home Fitness Program is $10. Call the Silver&Fit toll-free Member Services hotline at 1-877-764-2746 (TTY/TDD 1-877-710-2476) to enroll in either option.
Does AARP offer Silver Sneakers?
You can tell your clients that Renew Active ™ is sort of like the AARP /UHC replacement for SilverSneakers. It includes a gym membership, some personal training, and classes & group activities.
What insurance plans cover Silver Sneakers?
For 2020, the following alphabetical list comprises insurance companies that offer SilverSneakers as part of their plan benefits:
- Bankers Life.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Care Plus.
- Eon Health.
Is Silver Sneakers free with Medicare?
Silver Sneakers is a private health and fitness membership program designed for seniors. It’s available at no cost to those enrolled in a participating Medicare Advantage plan. There are over 16,000 participating Silver Sneaker gym facilities and 70 different types of health and fitness classes available nationwide.
Does Medicare pay for Planet Fitness?
Gym memberships & fitness programs Original Medicare doesn’t cover gym memberships or fitness programs.
Are Silver Sneakers online classes?
SilverSneakers LIVE From the comfort of your home, enjoy virtual classes and workshops directly through the SilverSneakers website. And since it’s included in the SilverSneakers benefit, SilverSneakers LIVE is available at no additional cost to members and offers virtual classes and workshops via Zoom.
How do I start a SilverSneakers program?
How do I get started?
- Click here to find a location near you.
- Take your SilverSneakers card or 16-digit member ID to any location. (Click here to verify your eligibility and get your member ID).
- Go to your gym of choice, tell the front desk staff you want to enroll and ask for a tour.
What health insurance pays for gym membership?
These services might be covered by private Medicare plans, like Medicare Advantage or Medigap. Without an additional Medicare coverage plan, you’ll pay 100 percent of the costs of your gym or fitness center membership under original Medicare.