Do you lace shoes over or under?
Over – Under Lacing Start off the same as you would when making a cross lace, but instead of going up to the next set of eyelets and over the top, go under. After that, go over the top up to the next set of eyelets and keep alternating in this pattern until you get to the top.
What are different ways to lace shoes?
1. Straight bar lacing style
- Insert the shoelace into the first eyelets with the ends down.
- Pull both ends to make sure the shoelace ends are even.
- Run the left end straight up on the inside, then straight across the outside.
- Run both ends straight up the inside, each skipping one eyelet and emerging two eyelets higher up.
How do you lace walking shoes?
Shoe Lacing Technique for a Wide Foot and High Instep
- From the bottom, lace up through the first eyelets.
- Cross the laces over and lace down through the second eyelets.
- Don’t cross over, lace up through the third set of eyelets on the same side.
- Crossover and lace down through the fourth set of eyelets.
How do I keep my shoes tongue in place?
There’s usually a loop on the tongue for your laces to prevent that, but it often doesn’t work. The solution is to loop the laces backwards. As YouTube user Jared Ning shows, you would normally put your laces through one side and out the other, and then put it through the eyelet on the other side.