- 1 How do I sign up for Silver Sneakers?
- 2 How much is a SilverSneakers membership?
- 3 What insurance plans include Silver Sneakers?
- 4 Can anyone join Silver Sneakers?
- 5 What is annual fee for Silver & Fit?
- 6 Where can I use my silver sneakers card?
- 7 Is Silver Sneakers free with Medicare?
- 8 Does Medicare pay for gym membership?
- 9 Does AARP offer Silver Sneakers?
- 10 How can I get free Silver Sneakers?
- 11 Is Silver Sneakers being discontinued?
- 12 Which Medicare Supplement plans cover Silver Sneakers?
- 13 Are Silver Sneakers online classes?
- 14 Is SilverSneakers Go app free?
How do I sign up for Silver Sneakers?
How do I get started?
- Click here to find a location near you.
- Take your SilverSneakers card or 16-digit member ID to any location. (Click here to verify your eligibility and get your member ID).
- Go to your gym of choice, tell the front desk staff you want to enroll and ask for a tour.
How much is a SilverSneakers membership?
For over two decades we’ve been on a mission: to make fitness more fun and accessible to boomers and beyond. We’ve built a massive network of gyms that offer SilverSneakers membership at no cost to you. We’ve designed fitness classes set to your favorite tunes and led by enthusiastic instructors.
What insurance plans include Silver Sneakers?
For 2020, the following alphabetical list comprises insurance companies that offer SilverSneakers as part of their plan benefits:
- Bankers Life.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Care Plus.
- Eon Health.
Can anyone join Silver Sneakers?
SilverSneakers is tailored for people 65 and up, but it doesn’t keep out people out who are younger. No matter your age, If you’re part of a participating Medicare Advantage or Medicare Supplement plan, you might be eligible for SilverSneakers.
What is annual fee for Silver & Fit?
What is the Annual Fee for Silver&Fit? The annual fee for a Silver&Fit membership is $50 to enroll in a Fitness Facility membership. The cost to enroll in the Home Fitness Program is $10. Call the Silver&Fit toll-free Member Services hotline at 1-877-764-2746 (TTY/TDD 1-877-710-2476) to enroll in either option.
Where can I use my silver sneakers card?
Members can choose to use their Silver Sneakers at various gyms in the network, which have often included YMCA, Anytime Fitness, Snap Fitness and others. Whenever you use your membership, Silver Sneakers reimburses gyms for each of your visits up to a certain limit each month.
Is Silver Sneakers free with Medicare?
Silver Sneakers is a private health and fitness membership program designed for seniors. It’s available at no cost to those enrolled in a participating Medicare Advantage plan. There are over 16,000 participating Silver Sneaker gym facilities and 70 different types of health and fitness classes available nationwide.
Does Medicare pay for gym membership?
Your costs in Original Medicare You pay 100% for non-covered services, including gym memberships and fitness programs.
Does AARP offer Silver Sneakers?
You can tell your clients that Renew Active ™ is sort of like the AARP /UHC replacement for SilverSneakers. It includes a gym membership, some personal training, and classes & group activities.
How can I get free Silver Sneakers?
Go to thousands of gyms, community centers, and other participating fitness locations across the nation. Download the SilverSneakers GO app to get your digital membership card and workouts ( free, iOS and Android). Find a friendly, supportive community in person and online.
Is Silver Sneakers being discontinued?
Silver Sneakers is a gym and fitness membership organization for those age 65 and older. Some of these include AARP Silver Sneakers (also known as United Healthcare), but they have discontinued this relationship in several states.
Which Medicare Supplement plans cover Silver Sneakers?
Many Medicare Advantage plans and some Medicare Supplement plans include SilverSneakers. Insurance plans that offer SilverSneakers include Humana, Aetna, Avmed, Kaiser Permanente, Wellcare and United Healthcare.
Are Silver Sneakers online classes?
SilverSneakers LIVE From the comfort of your home, enjoy virtual classes and workshops directly through the SilverSneakers website. And since it’s included in the SilverSneakers benefit, SilverSneakers LIVE is available at no additional cost to members and offers virtual classes and workshops via Zoom.
Is SilverSneakers Go app free?
5. How Do I Get My SilverSneakers Card? Much like Costco, SilverSneakers is making your membership card digital. That means it’s available through their free app (iOS and Android ) and lives on your smartphone.