- 1 What health plans include Silver Sneakers?
- 2 How do I enroll in Silver Sneakers program?
- 3 How do I get a SilverSneakers number?
- 4 How do I get Medicare Silver Sneakers?
- 5 How can I get free Silver Sneakers?
- 6 Is Silver Sneakers being discontinued?
- 7 What is annual fee for Silver & Fit?
- 8 What are the requirements for Silver Sneakers?
- 9 Does AARP offer Silver Sneakers?
- 10 What is a SilverSneakers steps kit?
- 11 Are Silver Sneakers online classes?
- 12 Is Silver Sneakers free with Medicare?
- 13 What does it cost to join Silver Sneakers?
What health plans include Silver Sneakers?
For 2020, the following alphabetical list comprises insurance companies that offer SilverSneakers as part of their plan benefits:
- Bankers Life.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Care Plus.
- Eon Health.
How do I enroll in Silver Sneakers program?
How do I get started?
- Click here to find a location near you.
- Take your SilverSneakers card or 16-digit member ID to any location. (Click here to verify your eligibility and get your member ID).
- Go to your gym of choice, tell the front desk staff you want to enroll and ask for a tour.
How do I get a SilverSneakers number?
Get ID number. Most eligible health plan members get a welcome letter with their 16-digit ID number. Members can also find their ID number at SilverSneakers.com/Card or through the SilverSneakers GO mobile app.
How do I get Medicare Silver Sneakers?
The only way you can receive a Silver Sneakers membership is if you apply and enroll in either a Medicare Advantage plan or a Medicare Supplement plan that offers a Silver Sneakers membership along with the plan. Medicare Advantage plans are private Medicare plans that pay instead of your Original Medicare.
How can I get free Silver Sneakers?
Go to thousands of gyms, community centers, and other participating fitness locations across the nation. Download the SilverSneakers GO app to get your digital membership card and workouts ( free, iOS and Android). Find a friendly, supportive community in person and online.
Is Silver Sneakers being discontinued?
Silver Sneakers is a gym and fitness membership organization for those age 65 and older. Some of these include AARP Silver Sneakers (also known as United Healthcare), but they have discontinued this relationship in several states.
What is annual fee for Silver & Fit?
What is the Annual Fee for Silver&Fit? The annual fee for a Silver&Fit membership is $50 to enroll in a Fitness Facility membership. The cost to enroll in the Home Fitness Program is $10. Call the Silver&Fit toll-free Member Services hotline at 1-877-764-2746 (TTY/TDD 1-877-710-2476) to enroll in either option.
What are the requirements for Silver Sneakers?
In order to be eligible for the SilverSneakers Fitness program, you must be:
- 65 or older, or eligible for Medicare because of a disability.
- Living in the U.S.
- Enrolled in a private Medicare plan that offers the SilverSneakers benefit.
Does AARP offer Silver Sneakers?
You can tell your clients that Renew Active ™ is sort of like the AARP /UHC replacement for SilverSneakers. It includes a gym membership, some personal training, and classes & group activities.
What is a SilverSneakers steps kit?
What Happens if I Do Not Live Near Any Participating Fitness Centers? Most plans offer the SilverSneakers Steps. The Steps program will give you the opportunity to choose one of their four kits. The kits include: general fitness, walking, strength and yoga. A medium resistance exercise band.
Are Silver Sneakers online classes?
SilverSneakers LIVE ONLINE Classes and workshops brought to you Get moving with thousands of other SilverSneakers members from the comfort of your home with our LIVE classes and workshops. Classes and workshops brought to you via Zoom.
Is Silver Sneakers free with Medicare?
Silver Sneakers is a private health and fitness membership program designed for seniors. It’s available at no cost to those enrolled in a participating Medicare Advantage plan. There are over 16,000 participating Silver Sneaker gym facilities and 70 different types of health and fitness classes available nationwide.
What does it cost to join Silver Sneakers?
For over two decades we’ve been on a mission: to make fitness more fun and accessible to boomers and beyond. We’ve built a massive network of gyms that offer SilverSneakers membership at no cost to you. We’ve designed fitness classes set to your favorite tunes and led by enthusiastic instructors.