- 1 How do I activate Silver Sneakers?
- 2 How do you use silver sneakers?
- 3 How does Silver Sneakers gym membership work?
- 4 How do I sign up for Medicare with silver sneakers?
- 5 Is Silver Sneakers program free?
- 6 What qualifies you for Silver Sneakers?
- 7 What is annual fee for Silver & Fit?
- 8 Is Silver Sneakers free with Medicare?
- 9 Does AARP offer Silver Sneakers?
- 10 What does Silver Sneakers pay for?
- 11 How much does Silver Sneakers membership cost?
- 12 What are the benefits of silver sneakers?
- 13 What insurance covers Silver Sneakers?
- 14 What health insurance pays for gym membership?
How do I activate Silver Sneakers?
How do I get started?
- Click here to find a location near you.
- Take your SilverSneakers card or 16-digit member ID to any location. (Click here to verify your eligibility and get your member ID).
- Go to your gym of choice, tell the front desk staff you want to enroll and ask for a tour.
How do you use silver sneakers?
- CHECK ELIGIBILITY. Does your health plan include the SilverSneakers Fitness program? Check your eligibility.
- FIND A LOCATION. Access thousands of gyms nationwide.
- All You Need. Take your 16-digit SilverSneakers number to any participating location for instant access to classes, equipment and amenities.
How does Silver Sneakers gym membership work?
You’ll get a basic membership at any gym and participating location in the SilverSneakers network. Facilities, amenities, and classes vary by location, but if available, that generally means you can use: Cardio equipment, such as treadmills and ellipticals. Strength equipment, such as weights and strength machines.
How do I sign up for Medicare with silver sneakers?
The SilverSneakers Medicare program is available only through select Medicare Advantage plans or a few Medicare Supplement (Medigap) plans. Once you get on a qualifying Medicare Advantage or Medigap plan, you’ll sign up for the SilverSneakers program and receive a card with a 16-digit number.
Is Silver Sneakers program free?
What is Silver Sneakers? Silver Sneakers is a completely free to use fitness program for Medicare beneficiaries. Seniors across the nation with a Silver Sneakers membership have unlimited access to over 14,000 gym locations where they can participate in healthy physical activity.
What qualifies you for Silver Sneakers?
In order to be eligible for the SilverSneakers Fitness program, you must be:
- 65 or older, or eligible for Medicare because of a disability.
- Living in the U.S.
- Enrolled in a private Medicare plan that offers the SilverSneakers benefit.
What is annual fee for Silver & Fit?
What is the Annual Fee for Silver&Fit? The annual fee for a Silver&Fit membership is $50 to enroll in a Fitness Facility membership. The cost to enroll in the Home Fitness Program is $10. Call the Silver&Fit toll-free Member Services hotline at 1-877-764-2746 (TTY/TDD 1-877-710-2476) to enroll in either option.
Is Silver Sneakers free with Medicare?
Silver Sneakers is a private health and fitness membership program designed for seniors. It’s available at no cost to those enrolled in a participating Medicare Advantage plan. There are over 16,000 participating Silver Sneaker gym facilities and 70 different types of health and fitness classes available nationwide.
Does AARP offer Silver Sneakers?
You can tell your clients that Renew Active ™ is sort of like the AARP /UHC replacement for SilverSneakers. It includes a gym membership, some personal training, and classes & group activities.
What does Silver Sneakers pay for?
SilverSneakers is a fitness program designed for the 65+ crowd that provides access to gym memberships, weight training, aerobics, and group exercise classes. Many Medicare Advantage plans cover SilverSneakers.
How much does Silver Sneakers membership cost?
For over two decades we’ve been on a mission: to make fitness more fun and accessible to boomers and beyond. We’ve built a massive network of gyms that offer SilverSneakers membership at no cost to you. We’ve designed fitness classes set to your favorite tunes and led by enthusiastic instructors.
What are the benefits of silver sneakers?
SilverSneakers is a health and fitness program that provides gym access and fitness classes for older adults. It’s covered by some Medicare plans. A 2019 study of SilverSneakers participants found that individuals with more gym visits had higher self-reported physical and mental health scores.
What insurance covers Silver Sneakers?
SilverSneakers is included in many Medicare plans, including both Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement insurance. Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement carriers have different benefits in different states and counties, which means that not every plan in every state offers SilverSneakers.
What health insurance pays for gym membership?
These services might be covered by private Medicare plans, like Medicare Advantage or Medigap. Without an additional Medicare coverage plan, you’ll pay 100 percent of the costs of your gym or fitness center membership under original Medicare.