- 1 How do I sign up for SilverSneakers program?
- 2 What qualifies you for Silver Sneakers?
- 3 How do I get silver sneakers through Medicare?
- 4 Does Medicare pay for Silver Sneakers?
- 5 What is annual fee for Silver & Fit?
- 6 Is SilverSneakers Go app free?
- 7 Can I get silver sneakers without Medicare?
- 8 Does AARP offer Silver Sneakers?
- 9 What insurance covers Silver Sneakers?
- 10 What does it cost to join Silver Sneakers?
- 11 What health insurance pays for gym membership?
- 12 Does Medicare pay for Planet Fitness?
- 13 How can I get free Silver Sneakers?
- 14 Is there an age limit for silver sneakers?
How do I sign up for SilverSneakers program?
How do I get started?
- Click here to find a location near you.
- Take your SilverSneakers card or 16-digit member ID to any location. (Click here to verify your eligibility and get your member ID).
- Go to your gym of choice, tell the front desk staff you want to enroll and ask for a tour.
What qualifies you for Silver Sneakers?
In order to be eligible for the SilverSneakers Fitness program, you must be:
- 65 or older, or eligible for Medicare because of a disability.
- Living in the U.S.
- Enrolled in a private Medicare plan that offers the SilverSneakers benefit.
How do I get silver sneakers through Medicare?
The only way you can receive a Silver Sneakers membership is if you apply and enroll in either a Medicare Advantage plan or a Medicare Supplement plan that offers a Silver Sneakers membership along with the plan. Medicare Advantage plans are private Medicare plans that pay instead of your Original Medicare.
Does Medicare pay for Silver Sneakers?
Silver Sneakers is a private health and fitness membership program designed for seniors. It’s available at no cost to those enrolled in a participating Medicare Advantage plan. There are over 16,000 participating Silver Sneaker gym facilities and 70 different types of health and fitness classes available nationwide.
What is annual fee for Silver & Fit?
What is the Annual Fee for Silver&Fit? The annual fee for a Silver&Fit membership is $50 to enroll in a Fitness Facility membership. The cost to enroll in the Home Fitness Program is $10. Call the Silver&Fit toll-free Member Services hotline at 1-877-764-2746 (TTY/TDD 1-877-710-2476) to enroll in either option.
Is SilverSneakers Go app free?
5. How Do I Get My SilverSneakers Card? Much like Costco, SilverSneakers is making your membership card digital. That means it’s available through their free app (iOS and Android ) and lives on your smartphone.
Can I get silver sneakers without Medicare?
Unfortunately, Original Medicare (Part A and Part B) does not offer or include SilverSneakers. Additionally, you can ‘t buy a SilverSneakers membership outside of a health insurance plan from a private insurance company—you can only enroll through a qualifying MA or Medicare Supplement plan.
Does AARP offer Silver Sneakers?
You can tell your clients that Renew Active ™ is sort of like the AARP /UHC replacement for SilverSneakers. It includes a gym membership, some personal training, and classes & group activities.
What insurance covers Silver Sneakers?
SilverSneakers is included in many Medicare plans, including both Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement insurance. Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement carriers have different benefits in different states and counties, which means that not every plan in every state offers SilverSneakers.
What does it cost to join Silver Sneakers?
For over two decades we’ve been on a mission: to make fitness more fun and accessible to boomers and beyond. We’ve built a massive network of gyms that offer SilverSneakers membership at no cost to you. We’ve designed fitness classes set to your favorite tunes and led by enthusiastic instructors.
What health insurance pays for gym membership?
These services might be covered by private Medicare plans, like Medicare Advantage or Medigap. Without an additional Medicare coverage plan, you’ll pay 100 percent of the costs of your gym or fitness center membership under original Medicare.
Does Medicare pay for Planet Fitness?
Gym memberships & fitness programs Original Medicare doesn’t cover gym memberships or fitness programs.
How can I get free Silver Sneakers?
Go to thousands of gyms, community centers, and other participating fitness locations across the nation. Download the SilverSneakers GO app to get your digital membership card and workouts ( free, iOS and Android). Find a friendly, supportive community in person and online.
Is there an age limit for silver sneakers?
SilverSneakers is a health and fitness program that’s specifically aimed at adults ages 65 and older.